Thursday, May 16, 2013

Kite Card

Here is a quick and simple card I made today.  I was getting something out of a drawer and saw the cloud, kite and sun Sizzix dies that came with my big shot machine.  I have never used them and decided to give them a whirl!  I think they made a cute card out of lots of paper scraps, a few buttons, a tiny bow and a new stamp that came from Lesia at Mema's Crafts.  Thanks Lesia!
I really kept this simple.  The only extra shading I did was on the kite and I used some brown chalk for that.  I just love the free feeling of this card.  It makes me think of my boys flying a kite on a beautiful day, laughing uncontrollably...music to my ears!
I hope you enjoy this card!
Have a wonderfully crafty day!


Chosen top 3 at Kaboodle Doodles!
5/21/2013 Featured on Paper Playtime's facebook page.



Entering here:
5/18 Glitter N Sparkle
5/18 Catch the Bug Challenge (three buttons)
5/19 Kaboodle Doodles
5/20 Sweet Stamps
5/21 Crafty Creations
5/21 Papertake Weekly
5/22 Crafting By Designs
5/22 Word Art Wednesday
5/26 Paper playtime
5/28 Let's Craft and Create
5/28 Victorine Originals
5/31 Chalk N Stock
5/30 DL.Art linky
5/31 Every Day is an Occasion

11 comments:

  1. Your card is absolutely adorable!

    Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful great colors glad to see you went in the drawer or we would have never seen this beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes May Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!! Love the colors. Thank you so very much for playing with us for out 'Buttons/Brads' challenge at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A kite certainly says spring, real cute card and thanks for playing the SweetStamps 'Spring' challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Very springy!! Thanks for joining Bugaboo at Catch the Bug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Beth! This is another awesome card. You're doing such an amazing job and I SO enjoy seeing all your sweet cards. I feel incredibly blessed that you continue to share your wonderful creations in our challenges each week. Your art blesses my heart each time, and I always look forward to visiting your blog. Thanks again for sharing with us, and have a happy and blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Makes me think of spending lazy afternoons outside.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs!
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely happy card!
    Thank you so much for joining our Paper Piecing challenge at Crafting by Designs!
    I hope that you will join us again!
    Hugs
    Rene (CBD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card i like the buttons on the kite tails :) thanks for sharing your fun card with us at paper playtime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this, those clouds are fabulous! Thank you for joining us this month at Chalk N Stock and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete