Thursday, June 13, 2013

Anniversary Heart Box

Hello all!  I have some VERY exciting news to share with you.  I have been chosen to be on the SVG Attic design team!  I love the files that they have!  There are so many diverse themes that you are sure to find something that you can use.  I make a lot of cards, but I also LOVE creating 3D paper items as well.  It is so fun seeing the item take shape and the finished product is so rewarding.

For my first design team project, I made an anniversary heart box for my husband.  We recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary!   This box is a wonderful reminder of our wedding colors and flowers.
The base of the heart box was made using the Heart Shaped Box collection from SVG Attic.  I kept the box simple by using solid colored cardstock, then added a vellum trim from Erin's Scalloped Trims around the top edge.
Next is the part that I just adore...those roses on top!  Seriously, I think they are the most gorgeous paper roses I have seen!  I cut them using the rose file from the Be Mine collection using double sided K&Company paper.  A perfect match of my favorite flower with my favorite color :)  For the leaves on the roses I used the apple leaves from the Fall Harvest Favor Boxes kit. I used brown chalk around the leaf edges, then creased them down the middle to make them look more realistic.  For the final touch, I added some pearls that were on a wired strand for a subtle bling.
But wait...there is more!  I also decorated the inside of the lid!  I added a cream heart layer, stamped the Happy Anniversary sentiment, then added the rose and leaves.  An unexpected surprise when the box is opened :)  I just loved the end result and I think it would work beautifully for a wedding, bridal shower, anniversary, Valentine's day, birthday or even a just because gift.  There are so many possibilities for this box!
Ok...I just have to share one more picture of those amazing roses with you.  They have such a refreshing summer feel to them.  You know you like them too ;)
Now if you liked this box, you will want to go check out the SVG Attic blog.  This and so many other wonderful design team projects are there.  You are sure to find something that inspires your creative side!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Chosen as top 3 at My Craft Spot!
Chosen #1 entry at Whimsy Stamps!



Entering here:
June 13 Totally Papercrafts
June 13 3 Girls Jam
June 14 Jellypark Challenge (Sweets Spill palatte)
June 15 Alota Rubber Stamps
June 15 613 Avenue
June 16 Love to Create Challenge
June 17 My Craft Spot
June 17 Bearly Mine Challenge
June 17 Pink Cricut Link Up Party
June 17 Through The Craft Room Door
June 19 Word Art Wednesday
June 22 OLLCB
June 21 My Sheri Crafts
June 22 Paper Playtime
June 23 Melonheadz Friends
June 25 Let's Craft and Create
June 28 Chalk N Stock
June 30 Whimsy Stamps
June 30 DL.ART monthly linky
June 30 Ribbon Carousel
June 30 2 Creative Chicks
June 30 Mema's Crafts
June 30 Scrap It Girl

34 comments:

  1. What a lovely anniversary heart box you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “anything goes”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left you a comment on the SVG Attic blog. Congrats to you as well! That's AWESOME!! A Very BEAUTIFUL Box and such GORGEOUS flowers.

    Thank you for joining us at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty, Beth. You must have spent a fortune putting all those gorgeous roses on this project. It's really pretty and super creative. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, and have a super blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. This takes my breath away Beth! Love the beautiful roses on this darling box! Thanks for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful heart box Beth it really does look amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us over at LCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Stephanie that is one beautifully made and beautiful box. The roses are gorgeous. How long did it take to curl them.
    Thank you so much for taking time out your day to post this wonderfully creative artwork with us this week, at WAW. We love it when you enter your projects with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you wonderful comments Carole. It did take quite a while to curl the roses, but it was a labor of love and I didn't keep track of the time. I just really enjoyed making them.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous project! Wish I could create such pretty roses. Thanks Beth for the inspiration and for playing with us at Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so beautiful and those flowers just awesome.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. Great job!
    Thanks for joining us over at 2 Creative Chicks
    Great priced, fun digi paper
    Tabitha's Designs
    Come join us for a Fathers Day Challenge over at Craft Lovin Challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making the team! I can't wait to see what you will make!! This box is just GORGEOUS!!! The flowers on top...WOW!!! Fabulous job!!!

    Bug hugs,
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design. So much lovely details; I like all :-))
    Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMineChellenge,
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth, your heart box is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Piękne serce.Pozdrawiam Bożena.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your heart box is absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the roses you have made!! So beautiful!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much for sharing your beautifully box & exquisite roses with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous box and roses! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so Beautiful I love the colors you chose and the design.
    Congrats on being chosen for SVG attics design team- You will be wonderful
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes June Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what a stunning box, those roses are absolutely beautiful, the papers chosen are so pretty, I shall def pop over and look in the attic
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stunning ! The roses look so real and are very beautiful.

    Thanks for Joining us at Whimsy for this months challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, those paper flowers are stunning!!!
    Thanks for joining us at My Crafts Spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous box! The vellum trim is just perfect and those roses are AMAZING!! I thought they were purchased at first but then reading that you'd made them with double-sided paper just made my jaw drop. WOW!!

    Happy anniversary to you and your husband!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful and elegant box! Wow, the flowers are just gorgeous!!
    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beyond GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing it with us at MSC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous box... really love the way you decorated it

    Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful box. Fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl.
    Thanks,
    Rachelle,DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! What a beautiful box! The colors are perfect and it's obvious that you really put your heart into it! So pretty and the roses are awesome!
    I'm your newest follower!
    Hugs,
    Cissy P.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are right those roses are gorgeous, love them. Thanks for entering at Scrap It Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful work Beth. I have my Chalk N Stock hat on today. :) Thanks for joining us at Chalk N Stock June Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Beth,
    Just popping over to Congrat you on being the winner over at Whimsy Stamps :) I wanted to come & see your design, which btw is wonderful. An absolutely gorgeous creation. Loving all the flowers. Thank you so much for sharing. Hugz, Lisa.

    P.S Would love for you to come, visit & like :) Feel free to enter my design giveaway on Facebook.

    Dreamtime Designs: www.etsy.com/shop/DreamtimeDesigns
    Blog: http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DreamtimeDesigns - Free Giveaway
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DreamtimeDsigns
    Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/LisaWDesigns

    ReplyDelete