Friday, July 12, 2013

Orange Popsicle Card

I made this card just for fun because I wanted to try out the metal doily die from My Craft Spot.  I am not a person who uses metal dies much at all.  I love the versatility of  electronic die cutters, but there is NO way that my cricut could cut anything as dainty as this doily!  Isn't it gorgeous? I just love how the entire card turned out :)  It makes me want to go check my freezer for some ice cream LOL!
The popsicle is a die cut from Ethan's Cool Treats SVG Collection at SVG Attic.  I added some chalk on it for dimension and glossy accents to mimic drips coming down from the top.
I went with a tangerine color palate inspired by this picture at Moxie Fab World.
Also, if you missed out on the 60% off sale that SVG Attic had yesterday, you are in luck!!  They extended the sale one more day!  So head on over there if you haven't already and stock up on their SVG files.  I would love to see what you create with them!

Chosen top 3 at Pile it On
Winner at Cuttin and Stampin!


I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering Here:
July 13 Creative Inspirations Paint
July 14 Moxie Fab World
July 14 Paper Issues
July 14 Pink By Design
July 14 FOSTV #79
July 14 Pile It On
July 15 Cuttin and Stampin
July 17 Word Art Wednesday
July 17 Crafty Ribbons Challenge
July 21 Craftin Desert Diva's
July 23 DL.ART
July 23 Let's Craft and Create
July 24 Victorine Originals
July 25 Wags n Whiskers
July 31 Every Day is an Occasion
July 31 Chalk N Stock  (tan chalk around the popsicle)
July 31 DL.ART

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful design and I love the melting effect on the lolli.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card, nice detail with glossy.
    Have a nice weekend, Carola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card - like the fun drips down the lolly. Thanks for joining our FOSTV Monochromatic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing design! I absolutely LOVE the doily die! One of my favorites from My Craft Spot!
    Your popsicle looks amazing:) Great job!
    Thanks for joining us in the "Summer" linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card I lve the doily and the colors really say SUMMER
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #113 SUMMER !! challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the glossy drips you added to the ice cream bar -- makes it look SO real! :)

    Thanks so much for playing along & sharing your project with us at Cuttin' and Stampin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love that doily, and now I want a Lolly, at 8.51am in the morning, LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, yum !!!Thanks for joining our FOSTV Monochromatic Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card, Beth! Love the drips on your popsicle and your doily looks beautiful!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at FOSTV Beth - That ice cream looks good to eat! - Lovely creation! We hope to see more of your crafting in upcoming challenges! Enjoy your crafting Day! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! It looks so yummy. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Summer“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beth,
    This is one fancy card. The doily is so delicate which makes the ice cream bar all the more elegant.
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing the diverse gifts and talents.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, your shading and those glossy drips on the popsicle really make it come to life! So CLEVER! Thanks so much for joining us at CI Paints!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card. That doily is delicate looking. Love the glossy accents for the dripping. It's a perfect addition to your wonderful card. Best wishes.
    PS Did you get your chalk yet from the Chalk Ah Lot blog? Keep me updated. if you've waited for more then 4 weeks LMK and I'll call the sponsor to see what's up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good enough to eat! Love the glossy accent- perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at the Cuttin' and Stampin' Challenge Blog!
    Teresa
    www.CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Beth! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! I want a popsicle now. Thanks for sharing this sweet card with us this week, and please know that I am so grateful to have you share your wonderful creations with us each week!
    Have a blessed day, and I hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. With the temperature soaring here I could really do with one of these right now..fab card Beth. Thank you for joining us over at LCC for our latest challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks fabulous!! The doily is such a pretty touch behind the posicle - and the Glossy Accents are such a wonderful, wonderful touch! It looks like the popsicle really is dripping!!

    ReplyDelete