Tuesday, December 13, 2016

DCWV Winter Snow Globe Display

Hello all! Beth from the DCWV Social Media Design Team here.  Christmas is such a beautiful time of the year and I love to decorate for it!  Today I am sharing a snow globe that I created using the Light-Up Terrariums stack.
 I started with the hexagon terrarium (it uses both pages from the stack with hexagon shapes on it), folded all the score lines and added red line tape to the tabs.
 Then I took a large and small tree as well as the doe and fawn from the Holiday Village stack and hot glued them to the base.  I wrapped one of the strands of lights included in the Light-Up Terrariums stack around the base and trees and finished it off with some fake snow inside.  After that is when I adhered the top to the bottom.
 To make the snow globe base, I enlarged a file from Snapdragon Snippets or SVG Attic to fit the hexagon terrarium and used papers from the Gilded paper stack and Cranberry Christmas to cut with my Cameo machine.  The finishing touch was a bow of May Arts ribbon.
 I also added two of the small terrariums to my display.
The best part about these is that they can stay up even after Christmas is over since they fit in the "winter" category.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!


6 comments:

  1. Such an elegant project! I just love how you created the snow globe and that bow looks so gorgeous! You have created a beautiful display and I am sure it looks stunning in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh!!! This is incredible and creative! I love how you've used this stack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So BEAUTIFUL & ELEGANT! Love these - I bet they look amazing in your home! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth! Wowza this is just gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it and what a delight to have on display this time of year. Thanks so much for joining my Snow Day blog challenge :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous project! I bet it looks amazing in person! Thanks for sharing with us at DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with the Anything Christmas challenge at CHNC Extra for December.

    ReplyDelete