Friday, September 08, 2017

United States Card

Happy Friday!  We made it through another work week...whew!  This card is all about the USA Map Die set from Gina Marie Designs and Distress Inks.  I just love how it turned out!
I created the background by cutting a 4.75x6.75" piece of watercolor.  I added the following colors of Distress Inks on a 5"x7" acetate sheet:  Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Fired brick, Seedless preserves, Salty Ocean, and Mowed Lawn.  I spritzed the acetate sheet generously with water, flipped it on top of the watercolor paper, and put a heavy book on top for 5 minutes so the colors would be nice and vibrant.  When that was dry, I added white acrylic paint splatters to it.
The USA Map Die was cut out of black cardstock and adhered to the front of the watercolor paper.  I added a paper airplane using foam tape and an "airplane path" out of Cranberry Trendy Twine.  The sentiment is one that I created using A Gentle Touch font on my computer.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

5 comments:

  1. I love this card! The distress ink colors are so gorgeous and vibrant! The way you used the twine looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out too! So pretty ! I like the sentiment too!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the colors look absolutely amazing!! That is the most beautiful USA I've seen!! The heart trail behind the paper airplane is a perfect touch!! Love, love this, Beth!! So gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super fun card!! I love the awesome colors!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so LOVE the way this card turned out! The distress ink were a perfect choice with that die... It looks awesome Beth! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete