Thursday, June 13, 2024

Trendy Bakers Twine~Chicken Cards

Hello all! Welcome to a new month for the Trendy Twine blog! This month is a free for all with Trendy Twine colors, so I let my imagination run wild and ended up using both Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine and Totally Kraft Trendy Twine on these chicken themed cards.
When I saw the fun chicken paper in the 6x6" Carta Bella Sunflower Market paper pad, I knew I wanted to make a card for my mom using it. Chickens have have a big part in her life! I used the Bourbon Creek Crafts No Scraps Sketch Set #1 and 3 patterned papers as the starting point for these cards. Once I had the paper pieces coordinated the way I wanted, I decided to glue a braid of Trendy Twine down the front of the card. Two have Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine and the third one has Totally Kraft Trendy Twine because I thought it stood out better on the busy chicken paper. 
On one of the cards I decided to use the reverse of the chicken paper so it could be used for anyone. To build the focal point of the card, I adhered a kraft circle die cut from a GMD x-stitched die to a 3" Paper Doily. On the two chicken themed cards, using SB.com Leather ink I stamped a retired Raisin Boat chicken wire stamp. Once that was adhered to the card front with foam tape, I stamped the sentiment strip with a stamp from the APB Smile stamp set in SB.com Dark Chocolate ink and used ATG to place it on the circle.
The final touch was a trio of Chocolate Truffle Sequins that were adhered with Bearly Art precision glue.

Here's what I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day! 

If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:
Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Trendy Twine on Facebook
Trendy Twine on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment