Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bug Box

Today is my day to post for Trendy Twine and I am sharing a fun way to package treats for the young boys in our lives!  I started out by using a Kraft Gable Box and I had a lot of fun decorating it.
First, I added plaid paper from DCWV'S Boyhood stack to the four side panels of the box.  Then I wrapped that bright green ant paper around the center.  I had these fun plastic ants laying around and adhered them to the front :)
I created the magnifying glass in my cutting software, then added a sentiment tag and an arrow.
The magnifying glass handle is wrapped with Limeade Trendy Twine.  The bow that attached the glass and tag to the handle of the box is made from Chocolate Truffle and Limeade Trendy Twine.

Here is what I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:

Limeade Trendy Twine - Lime Green & White Bakers Twine       Chocolate Truffle Trendy Twine - Brown & White Bakers Twine

5 Small Kraft Gable Boxes

If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:
Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Follow Trendy Twine on Facebook
Twine It Up! Facebook Group

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!
Entering here:

12 comments:

  1. This is so super duper ADORABLE Beth!! What a fun way to decorate a gable box and this would be perfect for a backyard birthday party!!!!
    AWESOME job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much FUN!!! Kids will love this!!! Especially the cute bugs..lol!
    Awesome job! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous treat box, I can just imagine how much your boys loved this! Awesome color combination and I just love the addition of the magnifying glass! Hope you are having a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek, I don't like spiders...but I am sure the boys will love this! You decorated your gable box so fun! I love the magnifying glass! Super cute idea Beth!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! This is awesome and so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so awesome your boys will sure love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really super cute, Beth!! My grandkids would love it. Great use of twine--I forget about how versatile it is! Thank you for joining our challenge at Through the Craft Room Door!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea of a boy "bug box" -- makes for a nice picnic treat, too. Thank you for sharing with us at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how cute!!! What a creative box! You did a fabulous job on this fun creation! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay now this is the best bug box I've ever seen! I love the magnifying glass handle and all the fun little bugs...well I love them on this box not any where near me - HAHA!!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just such a fun box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is so clever and fun! What a great little gift box for a young boy.

    ReplyDelete