Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Faceless Beauty Card

Today I created this card using Unity Stamp's Faceless Beauty stamp.  I am not a talented colorer.  In fact, I told myself that I wouldn't get into coloring since Copic markers can get really expensive fast. However, I do use some Sharpie markers, BIC markers, Tombow ones, whatever I have on hand if I need to color something.  Recently, I have been so impressed by the watercoloring that I have seen on cards!  So that is what I did on my card today.
 I knew I wanted to use purples on this card, and as I was searching through my paper stash, I realized I didn't really have any!  What?  I know, how awful!  Truthfully, with 3 boys and I love PINK, purple paper hadn't caught my eye.  A multipack from Hobby Lobby saved me with these two purple sheets.  The striped paper was a gift from my talented friend, Angeline Choo...Thanks!
 I kept the card pretty simple, the only embellishments are two homemade enamel dots in the top corner.  Both stamped layers are popped up with thin foam tape.
Here is a closeup of that Faceless Beauty.  I am not ashamed to admit that the water colors that I used are a set my boys use to paint with at home :)  I love the perfectly imperfect lines of paint and I added the splatters as well.  I think this face represents a strong, graceful and beautiful woman...one we all can find in our selves!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
Feb 13 Unity FWF
Feb 15 613 Avenue Create
Feb 15 Craft Your Passion
Feb 15 Crafting From the Heart
Feb 17 TTCRD
Feb 28 Bunny Zoe's Crafts
Feb 28 DL.Art monthly linky
Feb 28 Crafty Hazelnuts Patterned Paper

25 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card Beth! Your coloring is so pretty!!! I love the layering of the mats and lovely image!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this , the stamp is so cool and your coloring is great Beth.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, your coloring is amazing! I love that you used purple, the layers looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous Beth !! Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! And your coloring is spot on! Thank you so much for joining us this week at TTCRD.
    Cindy- DT TTCRD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and lovely coloring. Love all the wonderful layers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth, she turned out pretty the way you inked everything up. Nice layers too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! And your coloring so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty - love all the layers.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are an excellent colorer to me! Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swooon. .. you did such a beautiful job Beth ... she is gorgeous xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your sweet card. Your water coloring is perfect.
    {I came over from Unity FWF}
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my goodness.....this is just wonderful!!!! LOVE how you colored her. I, too, often use an inexpensive and ancient set (my kids are 25 and 27!) of children's watercolors for my cards. I know we are not the only ones who do that!!!

    Your card is just so pretty. Love the background papers and how you matted everything with black. Very dramatic look.
    Saw you on Unity FWF.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this. Interesting LO with the offset layers. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know? I'm not one of those stampers who loves to color perfectly neither. I admire those beautiful colored works for projects but sometimes I think it's not about the perfect coloring. I love the imperfect coloring a d the handmade factor in the images. So really I love the final result on your project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The splatter really tie up the background with the beautifully colored image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful card and your watercoloring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous the way you angles it. Your watercoloring is so great. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty Beth! I love your design with this stamp. Your coloring is marvelous and the papers are great too. We were in the same zone this week! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet. I love it.
    I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete