Thursday, June 09, 2016

DCWV Father's Day Cards

Good morning all!  Beth from the DCWV Social Media Design Team here with you today for some Father's Day inspiration! 

I love creating cards that are specific to the loved one I am sending it to.  This first one is for my fun-loving Father-In-Law.  He absolutely loves classic cars and going to car shows, so I knew it would be perfect for him!  This card features the amazing papers in the Treasures stack (available in Michaels stores).  That license paper is so awesome!  
I cut out different elements from the stack and layered them up.  For embellishments, I used Trendy Twine, a buckle, brad and staples.
My next two cards are very nature oriented.  They are going to be for my Dad and my husband's Grandpa.  They both are/were farmers to the core and love everything about nature.   I used papers from the Luxe Lodge stack, also available at Michaels to create these.  This first one uses an svg file from  SVG Attic.  I loved using the different colors of paper to add dimension to the card.
This card also uses a file from SVG Attic.  The white panel is from the Embossed White stack available in store and online at Joann's.

These two cards needed very minimal embellishing since the papers made such a statement all by themselves.

You want to know what one of my absolute favorite things about DCWV papers is?  They cut amazingly with my Silhouette Cameo, which is a must for my crafting!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. Your cards look so amazing! I just love the masculine theme! All of the papers you used look so beautiful! Congrats on your first DT post for DCWV, eeek! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete