Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Pier Scene Card

Hello all and welcome back to another Wednesday in which I am posting for SumMore Fun!  This card was created with the recently restocked Raisin Boat Pier Happiness and No Loss For Words stamp sets.  I really enjoyed creating this scene!
I used several colors of inks on this card, as you can see.  I received new Scrapbook.com hybrid inks for Christmas, and have loved experimenting with them.  First of all, I stamped the pier with Black ink and watercolored it with Cinnamon ink and an aqua brush.  I then filled in the rest of the scene with stamps, starting with the rocks.  Those were stamped with Charcoal ink and watercolored with Rainy Day ink.  The tree was next, being stamped with Pine and Cinnamon inks.
The grass was stamped with Succulent ink and I did some second generation and partial stamping of the grass too.  I added sand stamped with Camel ink and geese flying with Rainy Day ink.  To finish off the sky, I used Daffodil ink to blend a little sunshine in from the top right corner.
The water was created by watercoloring with Postal Blue ink.  I decided I wanted to add a sentiment, so I chose "Thinking of you" from the No Loss For Words stamp set and stamped it in black.  To finish off the scene, I lightly blended Rainy Day ink around the outside edges.  Once I matted it with black and navy cardstock, it was ready to be adhered to a card base.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Beth, what a beautiful, peaceful scene. I love how light the birds are when stamped. This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery! Love the inking. Glad I took a look at your gorgeous card Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your scene looks amazing Beth! I love the details... I might have to go take a look at those sets!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Beautiful scenery!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a little mini work or art! This is frame worthy Beth!! Beautifully done and perfectly colored : )

    ReplyDelete