Friday, May 19, 2017

I Love You To The Moon And Back

I have always thought that this saying was so sweet and I was so excited to see it in die form from Gina Marie Designs (To The Moon Die Plate).  This is the card I created with it.
That background started as a white piece of cardstock!  I doctored it up with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks, starting with Mustard Seed in the center of the top and going around that color with Wild Honey.  I filled the rest of the paper with Salty Ocean and finished off with Black Soot around the outside edges.
 Then I sprinkled some water on the paper and dabbed it off with a paper towel and then splattered watered down white acrylic paint on the paper as well.  I used the heat gun on it to dry it and also to set the distress inks so they wouldn't smear.
 Then I positioned the GMD To The Moon Die Plate where I wanted it and cut it out of the paper.  I then centered the saying with a GMD Stitched Rectangle die and ran that through my Big Shot as well.
 The whole purpose of the yellow area on the background was to look like the illumination of the moon.  So I used my Silhouette Cameo and cut out a moon, which a used clear glitter Wink of Stella on and tied some Totally White Trendy Twine around the card.  The front panel and the moon are both popped up with Scotch foam tape.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Those techniques look amazing on your card! I just love what you did with this die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beth beautiful background. I love the sentiment also. Wonderful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool and fun!! Awesome job my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks AMAZING Beth! LOVE the distressing & Splattering... fab Card!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete