Monday, May 01, 2017

Victorine Originals Challenge #1 ~ Mothers

Happy Monday!  Today marks the re-starting of challenges at the Victorine Originals blog!  I used to love playing along with them years ago, and now I am fortunate enough to be part of the DT.  YAY!  Our first challenge has a "Mother" theme.  The card I created for inspiration is like a mother watching her little girl wading in the water.
I used the Victorine Originals stamp called Wading in the Water.  I stamped it on watercolor paper sing my HA Stamp Perfect tool and Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I paper pieced the dress and hat using papers from Crate Paper's Pretty Party 6x6 pad.  The base of the card was covered is scraps of patterned paper from the same stack.  The rest of the image was watercolored using Crayola watercolor pencils and aqua brushes.  The layers were cut using CC stitched oval dies and GMD stitched rectangle dies.
For embellishments, I kept it simple and only added a bow of white crinkle seam binding and some GMD Nautical Ocean enamel dots.
So, now on to the details on how to play along with the challenge...
Head on over to the Victorine Originals blog and check out their challenge post.  You have two weeks to enter your project/s that follow this theme.  They do not have to use Victorine Originals stamps on them.  We can't wait to see what you create!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
May 11 DL.Art Mother's Day
May 31 DL.Art Monthly

6 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful! I love the paper piecing and the stitching. I have never heard of Victorine Originals, I am headed over there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how Pretty! Wonderful design & coloring! Love the use of the GM dies as well! Sorry to hear you're having winter weather on May 1st! OMGOSH... that's terrible... I hope it comes through quickly so warmer weather shoots in right behind it! We are going to be in the 90's this week... so my AC may be on by the weekend! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute project! Your coloring looks so amazing, I'm going to try to join on this fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paper you used for the darling girls pretty dress. I love the vintage look.. Congrats on your DT position. Thank you for joining the DL.ART May Linky Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, what a sweet and lovely card! That girl looks like she is having so much fun! I love that paper! Thanks for sharing with us at the DL.ART Challenges!

    ReplyDelete