Monday, May 08, 2017

Sunflower Shaker Card

Hello all!  Today is my day to post on the SVG Attic blog.  I created a shaker version of the sunflower sunny day card in the new JGW Sunflower Sunshine set at SVG Attic.
Since the layers of the sunflower are built up with circle of cardstock inbetween, it is the perfect place to create a shaker!  I added acetate over the circle opening of the card front using scor-tape to form the back of the shaker.  For the front of the shaker, I traced around the outside of the dk. brown circle on acetate and simply cut it out by hand.  I glued it underneath the dk. brown circle and built up all the other layers of the flower.  It formed a perfect well to add sequins to!
Here is a closer look at the shaker!  The patterned papers I used are from MME Sunshine 6x6 pad.  I embellished the flower with some Bumblebee Trendy Twine.
The little bee on the card is such a fun accent!
Here is what the card looks like when it is opened up.  I will be using this card for a Mother's Day card!
Here is a look at the entire JGW Sunflower Sunshine set:
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

6 comments:

  1. I Love this card Beth! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Beth! I love shaker cards!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shaker card!
    SHERRIE K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! I love the shaker design too! The papers you used are absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo PRETTY! LOVE the flower... fantastic Shaker!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete