Tuesday, May 16, 2017

School Bus Driver Thank You

Hello everyone!  It is the end of the school year here.  Actually tomorrow is a 1/2 day, but that doesn't really count, does it?!  The boys' bus driver is wonderful and he really deserves a thank you for everything that he does (and puts up with!) to keep the kids safe.  This is what we gave him.
At first I was drawing a blank with what to give him, so I went online at Walmart and took advantage of their free 2 day shipping and bought the mug, which I thought was adorable!  I filled it with homemade monster cookies inside the cellophane bag.
For the card, I kept it simple.  It is a 4.25" square card so it still fit inside an A2 envelope.  I used a GMD Slash Stitched Round Square die for the bus paper and die cut the Thanks shadow from Pink and Main out of the middle of it.  That layer is popped up with Scotch foam tape.  I cut the Thanks die out of red cardstock three times and adhered it together to make it have more dimension.
For embellishments, I used Celebration Trendy Twine and some red adhesive pearls.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
May 24 Word Art Wednesday
May 25 Pink and Main
May 25 DL. Art

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic Gift idea Beth! I don't have one for my son's bus driver.. so I may have to use this idea! (wink Wink) LOVE the THANKS die... so pretty!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular project! I just love that mug, it is so fun! Your card is so awesome, loving that die that used and the papers are so perfect! I'm sure your son's bus driver will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, this is so darn cute! What a fantastic idea and so thoughtful! I am sure the driver will love this~the cookies look delicious!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bus driver will really feel appreciated when he receives this thoughtful gift. I love the paper you used. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us here at Word Art Wednesday. We hope you will link more projects with us soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture in II Thessalonians 3:3 (KJV) " But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil." God bless!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really SUPER Beth!! I love how you wrapped the twine around the background bus paper and the thanks is perfect for any teacher
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge #204- “Graduation” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an awesome gift set!!Super cute & Fun!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete