Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Vinyled Ceramic Pumpkin

Halloween is only a few short days away, so I decided to decorate this ceramic pumpkin for my SVG Attic post.
The files from SVG Attic that I used on my pumpkin are the "F" Split Monogram (or you can purchase the whole split monogram alphabet HERE) and the swirls are from JGW Raven Quest.
To prepare the ceramic pumpkin, I sprayed it with white matte spray paint.  Then I watered down black acrylic paint and dripped it down the crease lines to make a more grungy look.  Here is a side view.
Yes, even the back is vinyled!  I used orange and black permanent vinyl so it would for sure stick well.  I get most of my vinyl HERE.
Here is a close up of what I did to decorate the stem.  I painted it black and then wrapped Orange Licorice Trendy Twine around it.  Then I added a bow of burlap ribbon with a button in the center.
Last year I added vinyl to a real pumpkin.  If you want to see that post, click HERE.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering here:
Oct 31 PDE Linky Party
Oct 31 DL.ART Monthly Linky
Oct 31 Jo's Scrap Shack
Nov 1 613 Avenue Create
Nov 3 TTCRD

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Beth!! The design looks amazing!! What a beautiful home decor piece this is!! I love it!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS Beth!! LOVE, LOVE this~
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this came out so stinking cute! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this came out so stinking cute! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing project! Love that it's ceramic so you can use it every year! Your embellishments look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!
    Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party
    Janis, owner @ PDE Linky Party
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great project. This is just beautiful!! Thanks for Linking up at PDE Linky Party
    Kathy PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow.. this is absolutely gorgeous! I normally wouldn't use the word gorgeous in the same sentence as Halloween but this is a first and its all because of your talent!!! I LOVE how this ceramic pumpkin looks... this is just so beautiful!! Thanks for linking up in our Halloween Funday Friday challenge!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo COOL! LOVE how it turned out! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project! Thank you so much for playing in our neighbourhood 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope you stop by to play again next week.
    Keep Smilin',
    Stacey xxx
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Best Regards, Mary

    TTCRD DT
    Thyme To Create {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. so awesome thank you for joining challenge at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! this is so fabulous, loving it. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!
    Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete