Monday, November 06, 2017

Cross Gift Box

Happy Monday!  Today is my day to post on the SVG Attic blog.  I created this elegant gift box to share with you.
I started by making the gift box from JGW Motherly Moments, omitting the window cut on the top of the box and layering the scalloped rectangle frame on the top of the lid.  I wanted it to have an elegant look, since it was for a Confirmation gift, so I used monochromatic papers from DCWV's Silver Leaf stack.  I used Scotch tacky glue for assembly.
I re-sized one of the SDS Flourished Crosses to fit inside the rectangle on the front of the box.  I also created a blackout shadow of the cross.  It was then added with foam tape to the front.
I tied a bit of ribbon around it to hold the box lid on, but left it loose enough to be easily removed for opening the gift.  The gifts fit inside perfectly, and as a bonus, an A2 sized card/envelope also fit inside!  That way I didn't have to worry about the card getting lost or covering up the pretty box :)
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful gift box! The ribbon looks so beautiful tied on your box. I love that you can add an A2 card inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gift box is very pretty!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box is so Pretty Beth! I love that it's a gift box and that you could also put your card on the inside to keep that pretty cross showing all it's glory! :) Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete