Friday, July 25, 2014

Fun Birthday Card

So I wanted to try out something a little different with the Laurel Lace Border Die that I received from Top Dog Dies.  I wanted to see if I could just create an edge on a piece of paper instead of making a separate border like the die is intended to do.  Guess what...it worked!  I simply stopped rolling my Big Shot before it reached the end of the die and then reverse rolled it back out.  This is what I created with it.
 A very fun and bright birthday card!  I used the Sunday Afternoon stack by DCWV and the stamp is from My Craft Spot's Chalkboard Sentiments set.  The twine wrapped around the top is Trendy Twine's Tickled with Teal.

Here is a closeup of that beautiful bottom edge!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

Entering Here:
July 27 613 Avenue Create
July 29 TTCRD
July 30 Word Art Wednesday
July 31 DL.Art
July 31 Crafty Hazelnut's

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!! Pretty twine!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Wonderful colors and Love the big Sentiments. Would love to see you visit me at http://taylormadecards4u.blogspot.com/ where there is still time to join the celebration and enter the drawing for some blog candy. Monica, DT 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bright card Beth.
    Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my flip flop box x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever!! I really love your whole card! from the lovely border to the bold colors and sentiment!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card - great idea with the die. Your border looks perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again! (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly gorgeous...Love the layering and the color combos in this artwork. We appreciate you blessing us with a wonderful entry at our Challenge here at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you join us again this week. Leaving you with God's Word in Isaiah 33:2 which says, "O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress." Hugs, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete