Wednesday, March 21, 2018

First Communion Invitations and Layout

Good Morning!  Today is my day to post on the SumMore Fun blog. The cards and layout I am sharing with you uses Raisin Boat's First Communion stamp set.  It is an absolute MUST HAVE for anyone who is celebrating that occasion.  My son will be doing so in a couple weeks.
I created all the invitations using gray and white cardstock.  I designed the top white panel shape in my SCAL 4 software to fit the gorgeous border stamp in the First Communion stamp set.  I stamped using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and used clear embossing powder on the outline.  The sentiment was also stamped in the same way.  For the chalice, I used the same ink, but embossed with white pearl embossing powder for a silver look.
I used the dotted border stamp with gray ink to add a little more visual interest to the paper underneath the sentiment banner.  All the white cardstock was popped up with foam tape.  I used Totally White Trendy Twine to embellish and also added a dot of Ice White Viva Pearl Pen above the chalice to look like the Holy Eucharist.  Here is a look at all the invitations I created!
I kept one of the cards not assembled so that I could make this layout page for my son's scrapbook.  I asked him how he wanted it to be, and this is the design and papers he chose!  All the elements are the same as the cards with the addition of patterned paper from DCWV's Silver Leaf stack, a white and silver doily, and a larger chalice stamp that is also from the First Communion stamp set.  That stamp and it's shadow were cut out with my Brother Scan N Cut.
Remember, we have this Mood Board Challenge going on right now! Here is the inspiration photo for it. You can use the pictures, theme, and/or colors to enter.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Click the store link below for an automatic 10% discount off your purchase!
Or use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.
Check out the SumMore Fun Store

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

5 comments:

  1. Your invitations are beautiful Beth... the colors are perfect for a Communion... I love the embossing and that layout is stunning... Perfect for celebrating his special day!!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, your invitations are just gorgeous! The gray/silver color looks amazing! What a beautiful scrapbook layout for his special day! LOVE this!!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful invitations my friend!!Awesome job!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete