Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Mermaid Hair Don't Care

 Good morning!  Today I am sharing a fun mermaid themed card with you!
I started by blending Distress Oxide inks in Fossilized Amber, Peeled Paint, and Faded Jeans onto Canson XL watercolor paper.  
 I die cut the outside with a GMD stitched rectangle die.  I also centered a smaller rectangle and die cut the center out of the paper.  On that small area, I stamped a GMD Mermaid Words Stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black.  I die cut the outer rectangle area into strips with GMD stitched cloud border dies.  I inked the edges of those cuts with Black Soot Distress Ink.
 I created the shaker with acetate and a frame created by using GMD stitched rectangle dies and a GMD scalloped stitched rectangle die.  The outer area is popped up with foam tape.  I used several different sequins inside the shaker.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I love the pretty background you created! The shaker design is so awesome! Sorry for missing your last few posts, I'm finally feeling a bit better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love it, Beth!! The colors are gorgeous!! The shaker is fabulous!! Mermaid hair is the best ;) Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card, such a light-hearted theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARIGATOU(Thank you so much!!)
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and a prosperous new year!
    On Japanese New Year ‘s customs;
    Adults put money in a special envelope and give it to children.
    This is called “otoshidama” and many children look forward to it very much!
    Ryoma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gorgeous background! One of my favorites! Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete