Tuesday, September 29, 2020

23 Cards from PhotoPlay Rhapsody Papers

Hello all! Today I am sharing Part 1 of 2 blog posts in which I will share with you ALL of the cards that I created out of a PhotoPlay Rhapsody paper/sticker pack. I had purchased the pack on clearance at Hobby Lobby for only $2.50. I ended up with 56 cards from it! Here is a closer look at the first 23.
This is the insert of the paper pack that I used.  It contained 12 double sided sheets of cardstock and one sheet of stickers.
First up, this set of 5 floral background cards.  I used some stickers as well as a blessed die cut from Momenta.  I embellished with white enamel dots.
These 3 cards also used stickers from the pack.  The stamp on the lantern card is from Unity stamps and was stamped with Scrapbook.com Midnight Blue ink.  The umbrella card was stamped with Leather ink using a retired stamp and embellished with GMD Emerald Waters enamel dots and Twisted Teal Trendy Twine.
This grouping used 2x3" panels that were part of the paper pack.  The guitar card features a stamp from the Raisin Boat Flourishing Thoughts stamp set.  The butterfly card was embellished with white Nuvo Drops.
This one used several paper scraps, GMD double stitched hexagon dies, Unity Stamps with Camel and Midnight Blue SB.com ink, and GMD gold foil enamel dots.
I made 6 of this style of card.  If you are interested in the dimensions to mass produce these, here they are:
Patterned paper: 4"x5 1/4", 2 3/4"x4'', and 1 3/8"x3 1/2"
Brown CS: 4 1/8"x5 3/8", 2 7/8"x 4 1/8", 1 1/2"x3 5/8" and 2 1/8"x3 1/8"
White CS: 2"x3"
The stamp is retired from Mark's Finest Papers and was stamped in SB.com Leather ink.  The GMD rose knot dies and GMD Tropical Island dots finished off the cards.
I made 4 of this card.  I started with colored card bases then die cut GMD stitched rectangle dies and matted those with black cardstock measuring 2 1/2"x3 3/4".  On white cardstock, I stamped the cupcake (in SB.com Caribbean ink) and the sentiement (in black) from Unity stamp's So Glad You Were Born set.  I die cut around that with a CC stitched circle die and matted that with a CC scalloped stitched circle die in black.  I added colored accents on the image with Artify markers.  The finishing touch was two hearts in the top right corner.  They were punched from cardstock and covered with Glossy Accents.  I also added Glossy Accents to the stamped hearts and cheeks on the cupcake.
Last, here is a card that I forgot to add in the main photo...oops!  It uses one of the 2x3" panels included in the paper pack as well as GMD gold foil enamel dots.
Whew!  That was a lot!  Come back tomorrow to see the remaining 36 cards I created from the Photoplay Rhapsody paper pack.

I also wanted to let you all know that I found a new favorite white cardstock for card bases!  It is Accent Opaque White 100# from Amazon.  It is a beautiful true white, true to size, a nice thick weight, and a very reasonably priced.  They also have 120# cardstock in the same brand if you prefer super heavy card bases for coloring on, etc.   

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

3 comments: