Thursday, June 09, 2022

Trendy Bakers Twine~Lightning Bugs Card

Hello all!  Today I am on the Trendy Twine blog with this fun lightning bug card...or do you call them fireflies?  One way or the other, this card sure made me smile while I was creating it!
The image stamps were from Pink & Main's Way to Glow stamp set and were cut around using a Brother Scan N Cut.  The sentiment stamp is from Annie Paper Boutique's Greetings stamp set, which is a must have set (and currently on a fantastic sale!).  All were stamped with black ink and I then colored the images with Artify alcohol markers.  I made this card for my niece who loves purple, so I had to find papers to match the colored bugs!  Instead of matting the strip of plaid paper, I added lines of Totally Kraft Trendy Twine and Totally Lemon Trendy Twine next to it for definition.  The focal point was die cut using Cottage Cutz stitched circle and scalloped circle dies.  I added more Totally Kraft Trendy Twine around the handle of the net to look like a grip.  The final embellishments were a trio of Grape Fizz Sequins and a bit of Wink of Stella glitter on the wings and lights of the bugs.  Adhesives used include Bearly Art precision glue, ATG, and foam tape.

Here's what I used from Annie's Paper Boutique:
Greetings stamp set (currently on a huge SALE!)

If you don't need full spools of this month's spotlighted colors, 
check out the Krazy For Kraft Sampler!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day! 

If you are new to Trendy Twine, you will want to check out these fun places:
Shop for Trendy Twine HERE
Trendy Twine on Facebook
Trendy Twine on Instagram

2 comments:

  1. Adorable little buggy card, awesome use of the twine on the handle, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Who wouldn't love receiving this little cutie! It would brighten anyone's day.

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique

    ReplyDelete