Thursday, April 13, 2023

Quick Easter Cards (UFO Post #1)

Hello all!  Life has been insane for the last 6 months for my family and I haven't been taking time to craft aside from what was necessary.  I found myself still wanting to craft as a stress reliever, so I decided to tackle the pile of unfinished objects on my craft table (UFO).  Seriously.  There was a PILE!  mostly duplicates of cards that I finished one and left the rest to finish later, or a project that I started and couldn't finish at the time.  This has gone on for a long time...years, to be honest!  Well, I made it my mission to not really dig into more unnecessary projects until my pile of UFO's was completed.  I am happy to report that the projects are dwindling down, and that makes me SO HAPPY!  

Here is what I created for Easter cards to send to family this year.  The stamped panel was complete, but that is all that I had in my pile, so I finished up the rest of these cards in short order to send out.

The beautiful cross stamp was a wood mount stamp from Hobby Lobby.  It was watercolored with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and die cut around with a deckle edge die.  The card bases were part of a set I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby last fall for dirt cheap.  They had a white area in the center that I covered with the metallic cardstock and stamped panel.  
Here is a look at all 10 of the cards I completed.  If you are curious what project I originally stamped these crosses for, you can check out THIS POST.  I actually planned to make these extra crosses for family cards that Easter, but I ran out of steam and creativity.  I'm happy I could make them work for this year!  Stay tuned for more UFO posts in the future!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Easter cards, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, these are absolutely lovely. The cross stamp is beautiful.

    Lesley
    Annie's Paper Boutique

    ReplyDelete