Monday, March 04, 2013

Card for Cancer Patient

Cancer is something that nobody likes to think about.  But the sad reality is that nearly one in two people will get some form of cancer in their lifetime.  I am a nurse (I work PRN) and have seen the effects cancer has on people, both the patient and the family and loved ones as well.  That struck close to home recently when my sister's Mother-in-law was diagnosed with an aggressive type of uterine cancer.  She is one of the most selfless people I know and always is going out of her way to help others.  So after offering many prayers for her, I decided to do a little something for her that might make her day a little brighter!  I decided to sent her a card every week or so as she goes through chemo and radiation just to let her know she is in our thoughts and prayers.

Here is the first card I decided to make for her.  The color for uterine cancer is peach.  I can't honestly remember EVER using that color in anything I've made, but luckily I did have some peach cardstock hiding in my stash :)  I figured the easiest color combo would be to pair it with black and white to make a simple yet elegant card that has a deep meaning.

These fabulous stamps I just bought from Clear Dollar Stamps and I cannot believe how clear they stamped even at such a small font!  There are several other words and verses with this set and I plan on using them a lot more. This color combo fits the black, white and one other color scheme of the latest Clear Dollar Stamps Blog Challenge.

 A close up of the peach ribbon...

So if you have a spare minute, please offer up a prayer for her or someone you may know who is suffering with an illness.  

Entering in Victorine Originals anything goes challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment