Thursday, March 28, 2013

Crucifix Easter Card

This is the Easter card that I decided to send to my family this year.  It is so fun for me to go over the top with cutesy elements while I am making cards.  In fact, that is what I LOVE to do.  However, I was very drawn to make a religious card this year for Easter.  One that encompasses the reason why we even have this holiday!  I also made some of these cards to send to OWH for the troops.  This amazing SVG file was free from http://einnej.typepad.com/einnej/svg-files.html (just scroll down on that page and you will see a picture of it.)  I thought the background paper worked perfectly for the whole theme and the three square brads at the bottom represent the nails that were in Jesus' hands and feet.

Just a peek at all the different layers that I cut with SCAL2 and my Cricut for this card...8 layers in all for this card, not counting the card base.
This is the sentiment that I printed for the inside of the cards.  I just love the meaning of it!

I hope you have a very blessed Easter season!

Entering in these challenges:
Word Art Wednesday
Creative Cutting Challenge
Creative Inspirations Paint
Victorine Originals
The Stamping Shack
Broken Box Stock
My Sheri Crafts
CWC #127 Easter (My Paper Crafting)
Cardz TV

Linking up with DL.ART March Linky Party

Craftin Desert Divas Easter Eggstravaganza  Linky Party


4-3-2013  Winner of the Ooh-La-La blog award at My Sheri Crafts!


12 comments:

  1. Love your card. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Cutting Challenges.

    Carolyn
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderfully creative Easter card, and I'm so glad that you stopped by to share with us in this week's challenge. We appreciate your fellowship and particiaption, and are so glad you joined us. Please come back by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Easter card!! really says it all
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing. I am a new follower. come visit me :). Thank you for linking up with us for linky party #2 over at http://craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com/.

    Robin
    http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Easter card. It's a good reminder of the meaning of the holiday. So many people are wrapped up in the bunny, they forget the real happy part. I love the background too-the clouds and rays of sun are great. They really make Christ's image vividly bold. Thanks for sharing at My Paper Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth, Love your Card! That's the TRUE meaning of Easter. First time visiting your blog and have enjoyed seeing some of your Creations. I am now following you. Thanks for Sharing! Happy Easter! :0)

    cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card that celebrates Easter in it's truest form. Very nice of you to send additional ones to our troops too. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beth,
    I am sure your family and the troops will appreciate you honoring the reason for this weekend. It is a very beautiful card.
    Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful work and we appreciate you taking time to join us.
    I pray abundant Easter Blessings for you and your loved ones.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card sharing the true meaning of Easter. Thanks for such a blessing and for sharing with us at My Paper Crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so beautiful!!! I love that your card shows the true meaning of Easter, the layers are amazing-heck the whole card is amazing!!! Thanks for joining us at My Paper Crafting;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for your positive words! Each and every one of your comments brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Beth! And wow!, 8 layers!! Thanks for sharing the true joy of Easter with us and for linking up to our Easter "Crafts With Cutters" challenge at MyPaperCrafting.com.

    ~ Jen, MPC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete