Monday, December 17, 2018

Christmas Hair Bow

Good morning to all my crafty friends!  Today is my day to post on the SVG Attic blog.  This is a very busy time of the year for me, as it is for many of you, I am sure!  The project I am sharing today is a little different than usual.  It is a Christmas bow made out of felt for my baby girl!
I started out by picking the colors of felt that I wanted to make the bow out of.  The glitter gold is not actually felt, but is found by the felt in my craft store.  It worked well in the same way as the felt did for my project.
Next, I cut pieces of the Bow 3D Lattice 2 Layer file (is also part of the Decorated Large Tote Gable Box file) out of Reynolds Freezer Paper.  The parts of the file that I used were the solid bow and the straight tails.  I also broke apart those pieces in my software and deleted the holes that were in the original files so I was left with the following pieces:
The measurements for the pieces above were (top to bottom) 5.25" wide, 4.5" wide, 3.75" wide, and 2.75" wide.  The next step was to iron the freezer paper shiny side DOWN onto the back side of the felt.  Use medium low heat on your iron (or a polyester setting) and use a thin pressing cloth.  You know it is heated enough when the freezer paper sticks to the felt.
Here are all of the pieces ironed onto the felt.
Next, using a scissors, cut around the freezer paper templates.  Gently peel the freezer paper off of the felt.  Your pieces will look like this:
Using a hot glue gun, add a dot of glue to the center of the bow, fold in one end, then repeat for the other side of the bow.  Assemble each bow piece the same way, then use hot glue to build the bow from the bottom up, starting with the tail piece, then largest to smallest bow piece.  I tied a piece of gold ribbon around the assembled bow and added a Christmas button to finish it off.
Here it is on my little sweetheart!  Now she is ready for Christmas!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! That is such a super cute bow and looks darling on Autumn! She's such a little cutie! Have a great day!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bow is so super cute and the model is ever cuter! She is so adorable and I'm sure you are looking forward to your first Christmas with her! Thank you for the sweet Christmas card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete