Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Train Birthday Card

Hello and happy Wednesday!  Today I am on the SumMore Fun blog with this train birthday card.  The Victorine Originals 1502 train stamp is one I have had for several years...in fact when I created with this stamp a couple of years ago and shared it on Facebook, it started the ball rolling for me to be a part of the SumMore Fun design team!
I started by stamping the train onto gray flecked cardstock using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and my stamp platform.  I wanted the front part of the train track to stick out from the circle die cut, so I fussy cut around that area and traced around the outline of the die so I would know where I wanted the stamp to end up.
Then I slid the circle die under the area of the train track that I had fussy cut and lined up the die with the circle I had drawn on the paper.  I then die cut it with my Spellbinders Platinum 6.
Here it is all matted with a black circle and popped up with foam tape on the card.  I used torn edge dies as well as patterned and metallic papers to add to the rustic feel of the card.
I thought the card needed a sentiment, so I got out the Raisin Boat Flourishing Thoughts stamp set and stamped it in black on the gray flecked paper I used Gray Licorice Trendy Twine and Black Pearl Pen dots for embellishments. 

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

5 comments:

  1. Well that's just about the most awesome card I've seen this week! Great card Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! The image looks awesome with the patterned paper behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome masculine card
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card Beth! I really like the vintage design!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful masculine card!! I struggle with those.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    I have a Thankful GIVEAWAY over at my blog and I would love for you stop by.
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete