Friday, April 23, 2021

Birthday Mini Slimline SheetLoad of Cards

This month Alicia from Call Me Crafty Al shared a mini slimline SheetLoad of cards.  I have never made this style of card before, so I thought I'd give it a whirl and I think the cards turned out great!  I followed one of her DT's example and rotated the sketch.  Thanks Karen Aicken for that inspiration!
The papers I used were from 2 different paper pads, DCWV Treasures and The Paper Studio Against the Grain.  The papers were not full sheets, so I ended up making 7 instead of the 10 cards that the instructions yield.
Other products used on these cards include:  Raisin Boat Talking in Circles stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black ink, clear embossing powder, CC stitched circle die, Bearly Art precision glue, and black Pearl Pen.  I did add more black cardstock layers to this card, so here is a list of the sizes in case you would like to make similar cards:  6 1/8" x 3 1/8" (background), 3 5/8" x 1 3/8" (banner), and 3 1/4" x 1 5/8" (horizontal strip).
While these turned out well, I felt like making cards this size wasted cardstock for the bases.  I think I primarily stick with A2 or regular slimline cards so I don't have as many white cardstock scraps left over.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

1 comment: