Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Elsa Birthday Card and Cake

Happy Tuesday! I wanted pop on quick to share the birthday card and cake I made for my daughter who recently turned 4. She decided she wanted a Frozen birthday with Elsa as the leading lady. Thankfully I had a EK Success Frozen paper pad on hand because this card was a quick one that was completed in the wee morning hours of her birthday!

I die cut Elsa from the paper using a Cottage Cutz scallop circle die and the GMD Lacey Snowflake die worked as a background for Elsa.  The sentiment stamp was from Annie's Paper Boutique's Greetings set and was stamped in Scrapbook.com Mardi Gras ink.  The sentiment strip and Elsa circle were popped up with foam tape, but the rest was adhered with ATG and Bearly Art Glue.  To embellish, I simply added two GMD Iris sparkle glitter dots.
Now for her cake...which she specifically requested to be Elsa as well!  Way to set the bar high, little girl LOL!  I consulted my sister who had done a similar cake for my niece a couple years ago and she said all you need is glass measuring cups.  What?!  Yes, the cake was baked in my 8 cup Pampered Chef batter bowl and a pyrex 1 cup measuring cup.  Both were glass, of course.  I couldn't tell you how long they were in the oven because I baked at 325 F and started at 30 minutes and continued on in 5-10 min increments as to how liquidy the cake was.  Definitely trial and error but hey, it worked!  I used 2 cake mixes and filled my 8 cup to a little over the 5 cup line and the 1 cup was filled a little over the 1 cup line.  The rest of the batter was made into cupcakes!  The cape and snowflakes are fondant and I decided fondant was not my friend and I will be sticking to buttercream as much as possible in the future LOL!  At least the skirt turned out cute and my daughter absolutely loved it, so that is what matters.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment