Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Happy Father's Day Card

Good Morning!  Today is my day to post on the SumMore Fun blog.  The card I am sharing with you uses the Victorine Originals Large Happy Father's Day red rubber stamp.  It can also be purchased as part of the To My Parents set, which is on clearance right now!
I started out by prepping the background using watercolor paper and Distress Inks in Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, and Vintage Photo.  I had a large acrylic block that I smeared the inks on, spritzed it with water, then turned the block over onto the watercolor paper.  I added weight onto the block and let it set for 5 minutes, then removed the block.  When it was dry, I flicked some white acrylic paint onto the background then heat set the whole paper.  I stamped the Happy Father's Day stamp using VersaFine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder.  I always use a stamp platform with watercolor paper due to the texture of it making it hard to get a complete stamped image the first time.  I added white gel pen accents to the word "father's" and a few silver Pearl Pen dots to finish it off.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.
SumMore Fun Stamp Rental Site

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

3 comments:

  1. Well that's just about the most awesome card I've seen today! I love all the colors and that stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine card Beth! Great design for the background!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! The sentiment is amazing and I love the background! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete