Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Mummy Halloween Card

Hello and welcome back to another SumMore Fun Wednesday post!  Today I am sharing this cute Halloween card that features stamps from the Victorine Originals Halloween Kids stamp set and the Raisin Boat Strokes of Pride stamp set.
First I created the background on white cardstock with the brush stroke stamp from Strokes of Pride stamp set, stamp platform, and Distress Oxides.  The colors I used include Fossilized Amber, Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Lucky Clover, and Spiced Marmalade.  I then smooshed some watered down Black Soot over the whole background, then used a blending tool to distress the edges with Black Soot.
The sentiment from the Halloween Kids stamp set was also stamped onto the background with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  The Halloween Kids mummy was stamped onto a scrap piece of white paper with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and fussy cut with my Brother Scan N Cut.  The face was watercolored with Antique Linen Distress Oxide.  The black shadow layer was a 0.8" shadow of the mummy also cut with the Brother Scan N Cut.  I adhered the mummy to the background with foam tape.  The finishing touch was a trio of enamel dots.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

2 comments:

  1. Okay... that background turned out COOL! I love that you used the Strokes of Pride Stamp... I never would have thought to use it for a Halloween card.... Now... Heck yes and then some!! LOL Of course the Halloween Kids is a FAVORITE stamp set of mine!! Super cool and spooky cute!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love how you did the background!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete