Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Scattered Leaves Card

Hello crafty friends!  I am on the SumMore Fun blog with this fall card.  The stamp set I used on it is Raisin Boat's Arboretum Leaves and is free with your $50+ order from SumMore Fun through the month of October or it can be purchased for only $5.99.
I started with a piece of kraft cardstock measuring 4"x5.25".  I used Distress Oxide Inks in the following colors to stamp on the kraft:  Aged Mahogany, Fired brick, Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber, Squeezed Lemonade, Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo, Pine Needles, Peeled Paint, and Antique Linen.  On the large stamps, I started with the darker color on my stamp platform, then inked with the lighter color around the edges of the stamp and re-stamped them.  I then spritzed a fine mist of water over it to create the oxidized look.
The sentiment was stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black and matted with 2 other banner strips before securing it to the card front with a brad.  I also added 3 brads among the leaves.  To finish the card, I matted the kraft layer onto yellow and red cardstock for an extra pop of color.  I had a lot of fun incorporating all but one of the stamps from the Arboretum Leaves stamp set into this card!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

3 comments: