Monday, August 07, 2017

Floral Silhouette Card

Happy Monday!  This card is bright and beautiful and hopefully it will set your week off with a smile :)
I started off by cutting white cardstock with the largest GMD stitched rectangle die.  On that I blended Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade.
I splattered that with water and dabbed it off with a paper towel, then I watered down some Martha Stewart Sugar Cube Acrylic Paint (glitter) and splattered that on the background as well.  I then heat set it all.
I ended up trimming a bit of that die cut background paper off of each side so I could add a layer of black cardstock behind it.  The GMD Large Flower Corner Silhouette die was a beautiful addition to the card.  I wrapped Totally Black Trendy Twine around the front before adhering with Tombow Xtreme.
The sentiment is from APB Smile stamp set and I used Versafine Onyx Black ink with it.  The finishing touch was three GMD Patriotic Sparkle enamel dots.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pretty background!I love the gorgeous flower.Beautiful card my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!! SOOOO PRETTY! LOVE the colors you chose for the background and the floral die looks Amazing! Love it!! Have a great day!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! The background looks amazing and I also love the pop of white against the bright background!

    ReplyDelete