Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Rainbow Floral Love Card

Hello again!  I am back with another card for the SumMore Fun blog.  Today I have a rainbow "love" card that could easily be used for Valentine's Day, but I actually sent this one out as a birthday card.  It works great for any occasion!
The stamp I used was from Raisin Boat's Imagine stamp set.  It is a huge stamp!  Using a stamp platform is a must for this technique.  I started inking up my stamp a little section at a time from left to right with the following Scrapbook.com inks:  Mardi Gras, Mermaid, Daffodil, Orange Spice, and Confetti Pink.  I cleaned my stamp after each color so I wouldn't transfer the ink to the next ink pad.  It was the first time I had done this technique and looking back, I wished I had taken a damp paintbrush to feather out the edges of the ink on the stamp before stamping so the lines between the darker colors would have been more blurred.  Live and learn I guess!  I think it still turned out pretty :)  I finished off the card with a die cut black cardstock layer and coordinating striped patterned paper.

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Rainbow design! The black background makes the image POP!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete