Sunday, July 12, 2020

Monochromatic Eagle Birthday Card

Happy Sunday!  I am posting for the SumMore Fun blog today.  This time, I created a masculine birthday card with some of their red rubber AND photopolymer stamps.
SumMore Fun is in the process of retiring all of their red rubber stamps, but I have several of them that I love and just had to share this technique with you.  Even though the nature stamps I used on this card are not available for purchase, you could easily re-create this card using pine trees from the Winter Heart and Sole or Merry Nature photopolymer sets.  Any wildlife stamp could replace the eagle such as the Got Game? photopolymer set.  To make this card, I simply used monochromatic inks from Scrapbook.com, starting with the lightest in the back and darkest in the front.  The ink colors I used include: Sugar Cookie, Camel. Leather, and Dark Chocolate.  The eagle was stamped on a different paper and cut out with my Scan N Cut and popped up with foam tape.  The sentiment was from the Raisin Boat Varsity Locker stamp set.  I added patterned paper and matted the panels with dk brown cardstock to stick with the monochromatic theme.  I recommend using a stamp platform with this technique so you can get the exact placement you want with all of your stamps.
Now for some EGG-citing news!! SumMore Fun will be having a RE-RELEASE of some awesome stamp sets on July 18th!  I had never seen these sets before, so they were new to me, and I absolutely fell in LOVE with them.  Here is a sneak peek of one of my cards that will be shared later.  Stay tuned for more news on this release as well as awesome inspiration from the DT!

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card! Love the eagle!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn ❤️

    ReplyDelete