Tuesday, December 14, 2021

2020 Seminarian Christmas Cards

Hello all! For the last few years, I have created handmade cards to send to the seminarians from our diocese who are studying to become priests, plus those ladies who are becoming nuns. It is a little way our church can support those with a calling to the religious life and lets them know we they are in our prayers. Last year got away from me and I didn't get these cards posted before Christmas, so these were the ones I made for the LAST year.
I used the Septemper 2020 SheetLoad of Cards sketch for the slimline cards.  Patterned papers are from The Paper Studio's Yuletide Blessings, which I purchased specifically for these cards!  The nativity stamp was from Hobby Lobby a few years ago and was stamped with SB.com Charcoal ink.  The sentiment was also stamped in the same color.  The only embllishments were 2 silver brads.  All cards were assembled with ATG.
If you are interested in the specific measurements I used, here they are: 
white (stamped image) and charcoal print rectangles- 2.25"x 3.25"
green-2.5"x 7.5"
background print 3.5"x 8.5"
kraft 0.5"x 3.5"
You can see the assembly process above on my dining room table, and the completed card fronts below!  I did have a few more than I needed, so I actually am able to use some of them to send out myself.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful way to Celebrate Christmas and thank the folks for their dedication and journeys. Gorgeous cards, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete