Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Giddy Up Cards

Good Morning!  Today is my day to post on the SumMore Fun blog.  The cards I am sharing with you use two Raisin Boat stamp sets called Giddy Up! and Urban Cowgirl.  Those sets work so well together!
First up, the sleek masculine card.  I promised masculine cards for you this month, and here it is!  The stitched background decoration was from the Urban Cowgirl set and the sentiment is from Giddy Up!.  They were stamped in Pumice Stone Distress Oxide.  I love how the Distress Oxides POP off of the dark cardstock!  I used my stamp platform to ensure all of my stamps were lined up perfectly and to double stamp the Distress Oxides to make them brighter.
I stamped the horse head from Giddy Up! using Versafine Onyx Black ink and die cut around it using a GMD slash stitched oval die.  I also matted behind that with the larger size of die cut.  Those were popped up with foam tape.  The only embellishment was three silver adhesive dots at the bottom.
Of course I had to make a card with pink for those cowgirls too!  It was made in the same manner, but this one is more rustic than the previous card.
The main differences are the stamped background stitching in Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide and the coloring in of the horse.  I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink and my aqua brush to watercolor the horse.  I thought it matched the background cardstock well!  I also stamped the sentiment in black on this card to make it stand out better from the brown.
Make sure you join me again next Wednesday for another set of cards that can be loved by guys, gals, and kids alike!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Click the store link below for an automatic 10% discount off your purchase!
Or use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.
Check out the SumMore Fun Store

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

No comments:

Post a Comment