Friday, August 20, 2021

SheetLoad of Butterfly Birthday Cards

Hello all!  This month I participated in the SheetLoad of Cards sketch that Call Me Crafty Al has on her YouTube channel.  If you haven't checked out her printable SheetLoads, I recommend you do so!  This time I created birthday cards using papers from DCWV's Birds & Butterflies stack.  I did end up sending one of the cards out before I took the picture, so I actually made 8 instead of 7 as the image shows.
I did alter the sketch a bit, but for the most part, I kept it pretty close.  I thought my brand new Unity I Consider You Special stamp set couldn't be more perfect for the sketch, so that was the focal point instead of the the oval on the sketch.  Scrapbook.com inks used on this turquiose/pink set of cards include: Hybrid Black, Mermaid, and Confetti Pink.
Adhesives used include ATG, Bearly Art precision glue and foam tape behind the circle.  I used my Brother Scan N Cut to cut around the doily and butterfly.
The second part of the cards was a yellow/purple combo.  The Scrapbook.com inks I used for these include Hybrid Black, Rubber Ducky, and Parisian Purple.  I didn't think the yellow would pick up well with my Scan N Cut, so I simply used Cottage Cutz stitched circle dies for cutting out the stamped area.  Once again, the butterfly was cut out with the Scan N Cut.
I embellished with two sparkle dot stickers from Dollar Tree on each of the cards.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment