Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Minecraft Swing Card

Hello and good morning!  I wanted to share this card I created for my youngest son's 9th birthday.  He requested a swing card or a Minecraft Steve head card...so naturally, I combined the two and he was thrilled with it!
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut everything except the happy birthday words.  Those were a manual die.  The swing card file was a free one I picked up somewhere once upon a time.  I should have paid more attention to the size before I started cutting because it turned out quite large, but that made the card really impressive to my son!  The base was brown cardstock and I used amazing patterned papers from The Paper Studio's Boy paper pad.  If you haven't seen that one yet, you need to check it out!!
The Minecraft Steve head was a file I created years ago just by welding rectangles together in SCAL!  
Here is a look at the card all opened up.  The center square swings around to reveal the area to write on.  For a finishing touch, I added GMD Watermelon enamel dots around the 9 on the front panel.  Adhesives used include ATG, Bearly Art glue and foam tape.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment