Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Rose Valentine's Day Cards

Hello all! This is my second batch of Valentine's Day card that I will send out soon.
The patterned papers are from The Paper Studio's U+Me paper pad. The sentiment stamp was from the Hero Arts V-day mini messages and was stamped in VersaFine Onyx Black. That stamp set was a gift from the amazingly talented Ilda Dias. You can check out her blog HERE.
Now let's get down to the REAL reason for this post...THAT ROSE!! I can't believe how real looking the layered stamps from Crafty Meraki Rose Garden turned out! For the flower, I used Scrapbook.com Rose inks #1-4. For the leaf, I used Scrapbook.com inks in Pear, Olive, and Pine. Some of the layers I did stamp twice for better coverage, so using a stamp platform of some kind is a must with these type of stamps. Seeing each layer add more and more dimension was amazing! I didn't want to waste any part of what I stamped, so I used my precision scissors to cut along the outer edge of the leaf, placed the top of the scalloped heart die under the leaf and proceeded to center the rose within the middle fo the die and die cut it with my Spellbinders Platinum 6 machine. That was adhered with foam tape to the card. I didn't add any additional embellishments because I feel that rose speaks volumes and didn't want to take any attention away from it.
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments:

Post a Comment