Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Bee-lieving In You Card

Hello everyone!  Today I am sharing a card that I created for my oldest son when he was going to participate in the school spelling bee earlier this year.  This happens to be the 6th consecutive year that he has been top speller in his grade and has been able to be in the all school bee!  What can I say, spelling is his THING!
This card was created using a file from SnapDragon Snippets called Bee bee-lieving in you round 6x6 card.  I used white and black cardstock as well as prints from DCWV's Watercolor Garden stack <3  The black thin lines, like the bee, words, and honeycomb lines at the top of the card were actually vinyl.  I love using vinyl for thin or intricate cuts because they always cut cleanly and already have adhesive on them.  The only embellishment I used was 6 brads. 
My son was able to get first place at the school bee and will go on to the Midwest Spelling Bee at the end of the month.  I'll be making him another card for that, so stay tuned!
I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your card design is stunning Beth! I love the colors and shape. I never thought to use vinyl for intricate cuts. So that's something I'll need to try. Wishing your son good luck on his spelling bee at the end of the month. I'm sure he'll do amazingly!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Love the design! Good luck to your son in the spelling bee
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete