Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Cherry Blossom Cards

Hello and welcome to another SumMore Fun Wednesday!  I don't know about you, but I definitely have spring fever!  These cards use the exact same stamp sets that I used for last week's card, the Raisin Boat Cherry Blossom and No Loss For Words stamp sets.  I was having so much fun with this layout, I created 4 cards with the same style.

Here is a close up of one of the cards.  I will describe the process I followed to create these cards.  First of all, I used a sharp scissors to snip apart the large stamp from the Raisin Boat Cherry Blossom set.  I isolated the blossoms from the greenery so I could stamp the colors separately.  I laid the stamps out where I wanted them on the cardstock panel and placed it in my stamp platform.  I removed the flower stamps then only stamped the green areas with Olive ink.  I did that 4 times for all the cards before removing the greenery stamps and adding the flowers to the stamp platform.  For the flowers, I covered them with the lighter ink and stamped.  Then I added the darker ink just around the edges of the flowers and re-stamped creating the two-tone effect.
At the bottom of the card, I stamped the sentiment from the No Loss For Words set in black ink.  Then I wrapped Trendy Twine around the white area, also adding a bow.  The final touch was a few enamel dots.  I then added the stamped panel to a scalloped rectangle die cut in a coordinating color before adding it all to the card base.
The specific supplies I used for these cards are as follows:

Purple: 
Pink:

I hope you have a wonderfully crafty day!

New to SumMore Fun?
Check out the SumMore Fun Store
Use BETH10 as your discount code at checkout for 10% off.

You can find me at these links on Social Media:

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful spring cards, I keep counting the days till spring, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete